Petition for another BEN FOLDS FIVE REUNION

• 25 Replies

Offline Brooooke

• "I'm pulling this out of my ass just for you!"
Petition for another BEN FOLDS FIVE REUNION
« on: November 01, 2010, 06:17:38 PM »
On September 18, 2008, the reunion of Ben Folds Five took place. It caused a stir in the worldwide fan base and the show sold out in only four minutes! This was both exciting and disappointing to many fans.

How would you like to take part in getting the Five back together for one more performance? Taylor M, Stephanie W, and Brooke L have taken it upon themselves to jump start a global petition for a second Ben Folds Five Reunion show!

What can you do?

If you are interested, contact us via BF5Reunion@gmail.com and we will give you petition pages to print out and use to collect signatures. You can do as little as 25 signatures or as many as you want!

We want to try and obtain at least one person from each upcoming concert dates to get as many signatures as possible while standing in line. The following dates we need people to sign up for are as follows:

11.05.10 Chicago, IL Riviera Theatre - Brooke, Stef & Little Alex

11.06.10 Detroit, MI The Fillmore - Brooke & Stef

11.07.10 Grand Rapids, MI The Orbit Room - Brooke & Stef

11.08.10 Columbus, OH LC Pavilion - Zinefiend

11.10.10 Cincinnati, OH Bogarts

11.11.10 Pittsburg, PA Club Zoo

11.12.10 Buffalo, NY Town Ballroom

11.13.10 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre -  Tudorrose1595

11.17.10 Boston, MA Orpheum Theater

11.18.10 Montclair, NJ Welmont Theatre

11.20.10 Charlotte, NC The Fillmore

11.21.10 Atlanta, GA Tabernacle

11.27.10 Nashville, TN TPAC - Benefit For The Nashville Symphony

12.14.10 New York, NY Beacon Theatre

If you do not wish to take it upon yourself to get a bunch of signatures but would like to sign this petition yourself, simply email us as well and we’ll give you further details on how to get us your signature!

If you have any further questions, please contact us and we'll be more than happy to answer! We need as many people to help as possible and we look forward to hearing from you!

Taylor, Brooke and Stephanie

BF5Reunion@gmail.com

Offline dandelionsbutterflies

• If we all could be so free..
Re: Petition for another BEN FOLDS FIVE REUNION
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 06:23:45 PM »
I approve this message.

Offline TrashSpork

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 06:26:17 PM »
Good idea.
I like toast!

Offline worldswillgrow

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 06:33:01 PM »
Sadly, I won't be attending any of those shows this tour. </ self-pity> BUT...I back this amazingness up 110%. Is there some way for non-attendees to sign the petition - virtually perhaps?

Offline Steffage

• Is this the way to normal?
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 06:51:38 PM »
Sadly, I won't be attending any of those shows this tour. </ self-pity> BUT...I back this amazingness up 110%. Is there some way for non-attendees to sign the petition - virtually perhaps?

Email us. For those of you who do not feel you can actually participate in getting signatures then we have a way for you to still give us your signature. but email us! We're trying to keep things organized and not too many replies here on the thread! :D Just give your username in the email and that you just want to individually sign your name.

Offline vosnos

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 07:48:33 PM »
Oh snap, this is cool.  If you had announced this a couple weeks ago I could've gotten signatures when Ben came to DC.  How are you guys ultimately gonna get Ben to see this?

Offline dandelionsbutterflies

• If we all could be so free..
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 08:36:42 PM »
Oh snap, this is cool.  If you had announced this a couple weeks ago I could've gotten signatures when Ben came to DC.  How are you guys ultimately gonna get Ben to see this?

Best way is to walk up and hand it to him.. or at least that's what the plan is. After a show, most likely.

Offline Steffage

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 08:53:18 PM »

I had thought about that but we didn't have quite ready in time. =[ You can still send your personal signature in if you'd like! And yes, what she said. Walk up to Ben after a show and plop it into his hands. Ever so lovingly.

Offline vosnos

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 09:43:39 PM »

I had thought about that but we didn't have quite ready in time. =[ You can still send your personal signature in if you'd like! And yes, what she said. Walk up to Ben after a show and plop it into his hands. Ever so lovingly.

Yea there were a couple hundred fans there that I'm sure would've given their signature.  I was thinking a 15 year anniversary show in 2015 would be the soonest reunion I could hope for but anything sooner would be awesome.  Let's hope he gives it some thought after all the LA touring has settled down.

Offline Kidney05

• woke up way too normal
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 04:37:55 PM »
not to be a negative nancy, but i wouldn't petition for a tour.  i'd petition for a new album.  that's what ben said he wanted, and it would be better.  you'd be happier in 5 years knowing you had a new bff album, then if you had seem them on tour.
nobody deserves posts on their myspace site asking if they stabbed basketballs.

Offline J-dog

• How many of me would it take to screw up your life
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 05:06:37 PM »
not to be a negative nancy, but i wouldn't petition for a tour.  i'd petition for a new album.  that's what ben said he wanted, and it would be better.  you'd be happier in 5 years knowing you had a new bff album, then if you had seem them on tour.

I'm with Nancy on this one.
J-diggity

Offline vosnos

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 05:40:43 PM »

Just curious, where/when did Ben say he wanted a new BFF album?

Offline Steffage

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 10:33:18 PM »

Mmmm. No, I don't think I'll agree with this one. We have wonderful music from the boys that will always be wonderful and everyone can enjoy. I'd rather have an experience I missed out on before. A new album would be great, but myself and a lot of other fans didn't get to see Ben Folds Five live and it's something we'd like to experience. No harm in trying for that. And plus, we're not petitioning for a tour. We're petitioning for another single show. Ben's said that they don't get along enough to tour again.

Offline Brooooke

• "I'm pulling this out of my ass just for you!"
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 10:42:52 PM »
kidney - Yes.  could you please quote for me (and for us) exactly what ben said pertaining to wanting to do another bf5 record?  i would love to know what he said and what the source is, please - because so far as i know the three do not get along and never intend on getting together for anything ever again, save maybe, another reunion show.

and of course if this has changed and i just don't know it yet, i wanna know!

Offline worldswillgrow

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 05:36:46 AM »

Mmmm. No, I don't think I'll agree with this one. We have wonderful music from the boys that will always be wonderful and everyone can enjoy. I'd rather have an experience I missed out on before. A new album would be great, but myself and a lot of other fans didn't get to see Ben Folds Five live and it's something we'd like to experience. No harm in trying for that. And plus, we're not petitioning for a tour. We're petitioning for another single show. Ben's said that they don't get along enough to tour again.

I agree with this. While another album would be great, I'm not even going to hold my breath for that. And I, like many, was either late to the party or simply never had a chance to see a BF5 show.  And so I think for me personally, I would rather have one opportunity to see them play live than have another album. I have lots of albums. But I have no awesome BF5 concert experiences.