We're smart. We listen to Ben Folds.

• 42 Replies
Re: We're smart. We listen to Ben Folds.
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 11:19:11 AM »
an image of the average readers of Lolita and 100 years of solitude listening to ben just popped into my head. does not compute.

What is your image of the "average reader" of those books? I read both of those in the last 3 months. I think Clare Quilty would take issue with your statement, too. :)

I've gotten to where I don't read music reviews anymore at all. I just rely on you people to steer me towards the good stuff. And Ben's opening acts.

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009, 01:46:54 PM »
they do accurately represent their reader base. pretentious hipsters, ugh.
Oh God no.  I'm a pretentious hipster.  Pretentious hipsters have a HUGE hard-on for irony.  We're so ironic we take almost nothing seriously.  I'm so ironic I can't even have sex without cracking wise the whole time.  (Oh I'm a real laff riot in bed.)
ya know, i'm so used to reading your posts now i just assume everything you say is sarcastic. that being the case i almost fell out of my chair laughing at this.

an image of the average readers of Lolita and 100 years of solitude listening to ben just popped into my head. does not compute.

What is your image of the "average reader" of those books? I read both of those in the last 3 months. I think Clare Quilty would take issue with your statement, too. :)

I've gotten to where I don't read music reviews anymore at all. I just rely on you people to steer me towards the good stuff. And Ben's opening acts.
well there are those that read those books for the pleasure and enjoyment of reading them, which i'd lump you and clare into. then there are the other people who read them that are really reading them because everyone in their circle of friends is reading them.

i probably shouldn't have said average, but that's basically who i picture reading those books nowadays, but with more explicatives. granted i almost read 100 years of solitude in high school after hearing about just how weird it was and i wanted to read it for myself to see that.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

Offline Jono11

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2009, 11:00:26 AM »
Zach, I wish I could tell you I was joking.

Offline ClareQuilty

• Yep. This is I.
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2009, 06:40:30 PM »

ISSUE ISSUE ISSUE. I'M TAKING IT.

You know, the fact that I'm a girl and go by this name, you'd think people would take more of an issue with that. In fact, people believe it's my real name or it's an AWESOME name. I have friends in real life that refer to me as Clare, too.

I'm Canadian, so we don't have SATs here. Thank god.
As you know I hang upside down in a dark closet like a bat until summoned.

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2009, 01:06:53 AM »
In fact, people believe it's my real name or it's an AWESOME name. I have friends in real life that refer to me as Clare, too.

that's because it's an awesome name.

my name is zach and i have friends that call me Will. i have like four different names i respond to now. it's ridiculous almost.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

Offline MikePigneguy (Kipp)

• Music is good.
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2009, 11:14:36 AM »
Will?
How'd that happen?
Life is "Oh my God, if I tell him, he'll tell her, and then she will know I like her!"

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2009, 01:26:10 PM »
Will?
How'd that happen?
i use it online sometimes, like in willpowers or wiliampowers, but the funny thing is that people i know in real life who knew my name before hand call me william. one of my friends asked my mom for me like that. she didn't know what was going on.

Offline MikePigneguy (Kipp)

• Music is good.
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2009, 03:47:24 PM »
Will?
How'd that happen?
i use it online sometimes, like in willpowers or wiliampowers, but the funny thing is that people i know in real life who knew my name before hand call me william. one of my friends asked my mom for me like that. she didn't know what was going on.

Haha. Nice
That sounds pretty cool
Life is "Oh my God, if I tell him, he'll tell her, and then she will know I like her!"

Offline ClareQuilty

• Yep. This is I.
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2009, 04:04:58 PM »
I knew a dude called Will Powers. GASP.

Zach and I are just so cool, we need more than one name to get everything covered. :-P
As you know I hang upside down in a dark closet like a bat until summoned.

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2009, 08:42:05 PM »
I knew a dude called Will Powers. GASP.

Zach and I are just so cool, we need more than one name to get everything covered. :-P
yea we are. i actually took that name from a video game. but still nonetheless we still need at least two names.

if i were a super villain, however, i would like my name to 'Dr. Henry Killinger' or 'Nat King Cobra' or a pun along those lines.

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2009, 10:33:07 PM »
I can't imagine Jazz making you dumber. Maybe that's just me.

-Chris

Offline Allison

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2009, 10:34:01 PM »
i can see what it means tho. it means if you only list the genre of music you listen to, versus specifics you tend to be on the "dumber" side.
so it seems.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline astrophage

• some song lyrics or something
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2009, 01:56:23 PM »
This is old, but still the first thing I think of whenever anyone brings up Pitschfurk.
Shit yeah, it's cool. Oh, godd*mn. Play it on the radio.