Poll

Which is your favourite song from the new album (real version)?

Hiroshima
1 (1.9%)
Dr. Yang
5 (9.6%)
The Frown Song
2 (3.8%)
You Don't Know Me
6 (11.5%)
Before Cologne
0 (0%)
Cologne
7 (13.5%)
Errant Dog
2 (3.8%)
Free Coffee
0 (0%)
Bitch Went Nuts
3 (5.8%)
Brainwascht
5 (9.6%)
Effington
10 (19.2%)
Kylie from Connecticut
11 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Way to Normal track rating [Spoilers]

• 48 Replies

Offline bENFOLDS

• Laughing at you and your football team
Re: Way to Normal track rating [Spoilers]
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2008, 02:54:57 PM »
Wow, Ive Landed, Free Coffee really stands out from your ratings!
I am Jack's quote out of context.

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2008, 12:45:26 PM »
   Hiroshima (B B B Benny Hit His Head) - 8/10
   Dr. Yang - 6/10
   The Frown Song - 5/10
   You Don't Know Me (featuring Regina Spektor) - 10/10
   Before Cologne - 9/10
   Cologne - 10/10
   Errant Dog - 8/10
   Free Coffee - 5/10
   Bitch Went Nuts - 9/10
   Brainwascht - 8/10
   Effington - 9/10
   Kylie from Connecticut - 8/10

I've given Before Cologne a separate mark but really I see that as the same song as Cologne - I can't play Colgone without Before Cologne first

Offline Allison

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2008, 04:47:31 PM »
Hiroshima - I can really take it or leave it at this point. Maybe it's too high of exposure? That, and not really a fan of how it ends. And maybe it's just cause it opens the album. It should be a couple tracks further in the album, imo. Could well be my least favorite solo track (that actually made it on an album) ever.

Dr Yang - I love it. I love the fuzzed out bass. And I love the 'Elvis' within it, that's been confirmed to be intentional. And I like that he's actually yelling on the track.

Frown Song - What's a folds album without some sort of social commentary. And the 'rock on' bit gets stuck in my head, definately catchy.

You Don't Know Me - Good. But. I dunno. Maybe it's over exposure to the studio track before the album was released, but live this song kicks so much more ass than it does on album. The piano is pretty simple on the CD, but live it's a lot fuller.

Before Cologne - I feel is only a separate track cause we were saying on here that the album needed to be 12 tracks. Should have been part of Cologne.

Cologne - Basically a masterpiece. Not a huge fan of the diaper line, but I'm getting used to it.

Errant Dog - I have loved this song from the first time I heard it. I love the analogy throughout it.

Free Coffee - On vinyl it's fantastic. Unfortunately some sort of shit happened on the CD.

Bitch Went Nuts - I love that the holy f*cking shit part is back in the song. Though, if there were going to be 12 tracks for the album, the intro to this song could have been it's own track, imo.

Brainwascht - I hate the spelling. But other than that I like this song a lot. (and no, it is in no way Carrie Underwood, according to Mr Reynolds. He says that it's someone we've never ever heard of.)

Effington - I love it. But then again, I've got a hell of a lot of personal attachment to this song. I think it could have started off the album.

Kylie - Best track on the CD, imo. I love the total unconclusion to the track. Leaves it open to wonder again as you turn off the CD.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline bENFOLDS

• Laughing at you and your football team
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2008, 06:49:16 AM »
....as she closes her eyes
Yeah, absolutely -- I don't know why Andy doesn't like it - it's really great imo
Simple and tragic - I'm not a woman and I haven't been married for 35 years! But still, I can't help but feeling really sympathetic for the character...
I really want to hear the Vinyl now that you say Free Coffee sounds great on it!
Has someone posted a rip yet?
Cologne steals it for me though... 'diapers' = Ben refusing to conform to the fixed, bland vocabulary of mainstream pop! :D
The line reminds me of a poem I once read, all about a young man leaving his mother...he was an astronaut in space and he was attached to an umbilical cord...I think Folds is exploring a similar theme...
I am Jack's quote out of context.