PNC show, 8/22

• 2 Replies

Offline greyseal

PNC show, 8/22
« on: August 24, 2003, 01:22:51 PM »
this is just the first of a couple of posts i'll be making re: the little jaunt i took to the big city (aka new york).

re: PNC show  

this one will be in the memory books for me, since it signals the end of the famed greyseal request curse. i can only attribute it to the sheer volume that juils over at the .org is able to produce when yelling, and the addition of "right f*cking now" to a cardboard sign reading ".org wants kalamazoo!"  (before you think we're rude, just recall a certain "spare reels" video) we first made it on wednesday for the central park show.  more on that later :)

it was great to meet some other ben fans at the show and to finally get a chance to talk to joe a little bit.

it was tori's 40th birthday, and at the beginning of the first encore, ben came out to sing "happy birthday" to ms. amos.  he did the beatles, "you say it's your birthday" deal with typical ben inflections and intonation.  

ben singing to tori was a trip, and hearing that one little verse of "kalamazoo" just made it pretty damned magical.

more soon!
tell me greyseal, how does it feel?  ~ben folds, 3 dec 2002

My kids are cute at haleblog.tumblr.com

ZipDaze

Re: PNC show, 8/22
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 11:36:12 PM »
*he did the beatles*

*sigh*

Offline hey_kate

Re: PNC show, 8/22
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 08:28:18 PM »
the show was great! i only wish it had lasted longer... and greyseal, thank you SO MUCH for requesting kalamazoo - that was awesome! i went to the show with a .orger, met two other ones, and invited someone into the online world of ben fan-dom.

he also played a new song, which was very cool. i can't wait until he stops opening (that sucks), and also starts coming out to see his fans again... we waited at that gate at the top of the hill, and he ignored us when he went to his tourbus. we talked to his bus driver, and he said that ben would be out... liar. pfft.

the cute thing was that we saw the kids leave in a car between ben and tori's sets, it must have been their bedtime. :)